Monday, August 3, 2015

"Waiting for Matty" photoshoot

Have been thinking about taking maternoty photoshoot for a long time. After searching when is the best time to take outdoor photoshoot, found out ladies find it comfortable doing it between 27 weeks to 32 weeks (when tummy is reasonably big enough, yet not that tiring to move around).

A brief account of my pregnancy experience: I was feeling terrible for the first two trimesters, vomiting my way till the 28th week. A lot of whining, crying and horrible puking stories. The name "Matthias" popped into my dream at week 6 and I did not even know the gender then! He is a precious gift from God indeed, and we decided to go with this name.

At 30 weeks + 6days, we did our photoshoot with Zhi Xun as our photographer (Zoo proposal pictures). I was kind of worried he would reject a last minute assignment, or perhaps felt that I was "over-prepared" and "over-requested". Fortunately, he was pretty enthusiastic about it and even gave suggestions where to go based on what I have in mind.

We were blessed with a beautiful sunny morning. We went to Lower Pierce Reservoir where we took a few casual prewedding pictures about 2 years ago. Then, we went to the nearby Springleaf Nature Park to take some shots. Both parks were really small but we had so much fun using the props and thinking of poses, the photoshoot took slightly more than 2 hours.

Baby was a good boy that morning and did not give me any painful kicks or punches. I think he was enjoying his morning nap while was walking around the park. Or maybe he was enjoying the outdoor:)

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. - James 1:17

No comments: